We are already four weeks into another school year and having a great time! You might say we’re “Fall”ing into the fun!
Preschool Chapel – Friday, September 9th
Our first chapel of the year is here! For our first chapel together we focused on the Creation Story. God made the mountains, God made the sea, God made the animals and God made you and me!
Art with Ms. Angela
We have officially started having art with Ms. Angela in our Art Studio. Each classroom has a special pull out time to go visit Ms. Angela and explore, create, and express their own individual artistic skills.
MVP and the Parent Teacher Fellowship at the Preschool
The MVP program is in full swing. Many families have started to sign up to volunteer or donate. We are so grateful for the generosity of our families and their willingness to bless us. There will be many more opportunities to participate over the year ahead including:
- Parent Sight Work Day – Saturday, October 9th
- Apple Pumpkin Days – October 27th and 28th
- Stone Soup Days – November 21st and 22nd
- Happy Birthday Jesus – Saturday, December 10th
These are just a few of our larger preschool events but there will also be smaller classroom opportunities for volunteering or donation. Our amazing teaching staff will keep you informed of how you can participate.
Another wonderful way to participate at the preschool is to become a Room Parent. Room Parents are instrumental in helping spread information about various volunteer opportunities as well as gentle reminders of upcoming events. Room Parents aren’t expected to do it all but they do add another layer to classroom communication and clarity. If you are interested in becoming a Room Parent, please be sure to speak with your classroom teachers. We will be holding our first Room Parent Meeting soon.
*Please note that the donation amount is $20 = 1 hr. We apologize for the confusion for anyone who might have given already this school year. We inadvertently posted the older donation rate of $15 = 1hr.
- Keep it Quick – Long drop-offs and pick-ups are hard on the kids and classrooms. If you need to speak with a teacher, please arrange a time to do so outside of drop-offs and pick-ups as they will be focused on the children in the environment.
- Siblings – We love seeing everyone’s older/younger sisters/brothers but this is a gentle reminder that if they don’t attend the preschool, they can’t play at the preschool. As a licensed facility, we are only permitted to have children who are currently in our care play at the center during our regular hours of operation. This includes playing in the yard or classrooms. We thank everyone in advance for helping us follow this mandated rule.
- Kids and Cars – Please also remember that children under seven can’t be left alone in a car unless under the supervision of a person 12 years old if: 1) The keys are in the ignition or the car is running, or 2) There is a significant risk to the child. If you have a complicated situation and need assistance during drop-off/pick-up, please give us a call and one of our administration team will help.
- Physical Signatures – It is very important that each child is signed in and out of their classroom each day. Be sure to take the time to physically sign the sheet and please be sure your signature is legible. This is another licensing requirement that our center is mandated to follow.
Thanks for helping us make our days at preschool safe, healthy, and happy.